So, if you’ve been following me for a while you know that I’ve been “battling” with weight loss. Not really battling with weight loss as much as I’m battling with my love of food. Well folks, I have finally pulled up my big girl leggings, both literally and figuratively, and started combating this problem.
I don’t know how or when I gained this weight. No, that is a lie. I know exactly how. I eat. I eat when I am bored. I eat when I am not bored. I SNACK. And I snack hard! My love for snacks knows no bounds. Now… You may be thinking, just from these few words, that I may be a very big girl. And I am. But apparently not as big as I think I am. That’s what my friends say anyway. I’ll insert a picture …. Here:
Now, I have never been a small girl. I’ve always been thick. I’m not going to say big boned because, well, there’s no such thing. But I won’t ever be a small girl and I’m ok with that. But I could stand to lose a bit of weight.
What have I been doing is a question you may ask yourself. Well honey I’m just doing my best! I literally have no idea what I’m doing but I’m using my common sense.
- I’ve been trying, key word TRYING, to drink a gallon of water a day.
- I eat a lot of salads. I’ve been lazy this week and had lean pockets and lean cuisines. But in the past on lean cuisines and salads alone I lost twenty pounds. Plus light excersize. I also eat baked fish and pan fried chicken. Tuna too!
- I’ve been in the gym. 4 sometimes 5 times a week. I am in there at least 30 minutes if I’m rushing.
- I take in a lot of water so that means I sweat. So, I recently got a sweatband for my waist. This is not the often advertised waist shaper there are no rods in this. I’m not expecting this to snatch my waist. But I do want it to shed any access water weight from my midsection.
- I snack on almonds, fruit, smoothies, granola. Things like that.
- And though I’m not as consistent as I need to be I’ve been taking two tablespoons of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar with at least 8 oz of water.
Now, I’m no health guru. And I’ve Pinterest and youtubed a lot. But everyone’s journey is different. The biggest change is my diet. I don’t snack nearly as much as I did. I haven’t had a drink with sugar in weeks. I do have my cheats but it’s not like a day with binging. It’s like a treat here and there. But since Feb 29 I’ve lost about 6lbs. So you just have to do what’s right for you. What feels right!
I will keep you updated on my journey. And if you have any tips, please share!
Until next time …